OceanoBe can be your reliable software solution partner. Our team of designers and developers are fully equipped to take on any custom project that your company has in mind. Building and improving apps and software is what we do best so if you are looking for a technology partner here is what you need to know about our sales process.
If you are looking to partner up with OceanoBe here are the steps we need to go through:
Contact us via our website forms, direct email or phone.
Meeting time where we get to know each other better.
NDA signing if this is important to you.
Start understanding the project: mission, vision, and objectives.
We agree on techstack, methodology, contract and roles.
Let’s get this show on the road.
OceanoBe can provide a variety of roles for every project. Depending on the client’s needs the team can include a combination of designers, Java developers, iOS developers, Architects. We also have an advisor that will assist the team weekly to ensure maximum efficiency and support. We are T-shaped, which means we are deep in some areas of expertise but with the ability to collaborate across disciplines.
If you are looking to get to know us, you need to know that OceanoBe is a group of people. We are not “resources” and thus avoid calling ourselves such. Each individual has a particular role to play and also has the ability to be flexible, but at the end of the day, we are just people working in a team, striving to provide the best results for you and your company.
Here at OceanoBe we practice rates per person and per hour, ensuring consulting services five days a week. The rate is the same for each role: designer, developer, tester. Each project will require a particular set of skills, that will determine the number of people working, how much it gets done and the final cost.
In the process of billing we explain to our clients that “time and materials” is similar to the process of hiring people internally, but of course, choosing to hire us will bring a couple of advantages to your table:
1. Experienced people- finding the right people is crucial to any project, for that reason we invest heavily in our recruitment process, in order to make sure that we will provide the best skills, experience, and talent for your team.
2. Work balance - collaboration on various projects by now has allowed us to form “a way of working” that is efficient and less time-consuming.
3. Predictability - we work 5 days/week and we do it consistently. Overtime can be an option, but this is on-demand and, of course, will have different rates.
4. No gaps - we rotate quickly the team members in case of any issues that might rise (illness, annual leave, etc). This will make sure that your work balance is not affected and the project will not delay.
5. Economy - as you probably figured out by now, shorter projects require less money.
Here are some examples of typical projects that you can find working with OceanoBe:
1. Product design spring - People: 2-3 | Duration: 1 week
2. Development of platform from scratch - People: 30 | Duration: 3 years
3. Unable to find specific skills - People: 5 | Duration: 1 year
4. Fill gap until internal team is hired - People: 2 | Duration: 3 months
5. Team enlargement for existing internal team - People: 15 | Duration: 6 months
6. Maintenance team - Retainer per month/SLA
One of the ways in which we have worked with our clients is using phases. For example, a client may have a budget allocated for the project “Version 1”, followed by a round of beta invites, market learning, funding and a few months of revenue. After that, we are ready to work in another round of design and development. This way of working helps them both financially and in terms of product understanding, giving time to acquire knowledge and resources.
Signing a contract with us can be either “time and materials”, but also we have worked in the past with fixed price arrangements
Here is what a consulting and proposal contract may contain:
- Summary of expected work, KPIs and delivery time;
- Weekly rates;
- Payment terms and invoices status;
- Ownership agreement for the client, he owns the sources code after the payment of the monthly invoice has been made;
- Copyright agreement;
- Ethical agreement;
- Contract binding and closure;
- Signature page.
Regarding the invoice we are working as follows:
- Invoice is sent monthly for the prior month’s work;
- You will receive the invoice via mail;
- The payment can be made via wire transfer;
- For fixed price and for some short term projects we ask for the payment of 2 weeks in advance.